FOUR CRIMSON PLAYERS RANKED

De Turenne and Robinson Placed at 59 and 60 in 1920 Roster

Over thirty-five thousand players participated in officially sanctioned tennis tournaments this summer, and of these six thousand showed high enough ability to merit consideration by the National Ranking Committee, of which N. W. Niles '09, ninth ranking player in the United States, is a member. The first 160 players in the country were ranked, the list including four University undergraduates. Leon de Turenne '21, University tennis captain and president of the United States Intercollegiate Tennis Association, led the University players, being ranked 59 in the national roster, just after Banks of Yale, intercollegiate titlist for 1920. D. P. Robinson '20 followed close behind, being rated 60th. Both these players were among the youngest ranked. J. B. Fenno '21 of last year's team was ranked 137th while K. S. Ptaffman of the Freshman class showed unexpected strength and was ranked 136th.

Owing to the increase in competition with the resultant rise in the standard of tournament play a place on the ranking list this year was harder to achieve than ever before.

The University of California succeeded in getting only two of its undergraduates ranked, while Yale had but one representative on the national list and no Princeton players were mentioned.