THEOPOLD TO CAPTAIN 1925 FOOTBALL TEAM

Former St. Mark's Guard Holds Same Position on Freshman Eleven -- Injured Players Back for Practice--No Game This Saturday

Immediately after practice yesterday, Philip Huntington Theopold of Fairbault, Minn. was elected captain of the Freshman football team. Theopold played guard on last year's St. Mark's team and this fall has held down the same berth for the Yearlings during the opening contests, although injuries kept him on the side lines last Saturday. His steady and dependable playing has been a feature of the 1925 line play.

The entire team with the exception of G. D. Braden reported for practice yesterday. The latter, however, will be in shape for today's workout. Of last week's cripples, E. M. Beals, Arthur Codman, Robert Doherty, Herbert Ellis, and Captain Theopold, all ran through signals yesterday although Codman and Ellis will probably not be able to scrimmage until late in the week.

No regular game with an outside team is scheduled for 1925 this week but on Thursday Coach Knox's scrubs will be called in for a four period scrimmage.

Practice yesterday consisted in the usual Monday afternoon blackboard talk and signal drill with no attempt at scrimmaging. Tomorrow, however, Coach Campbell will start the final polishing for the Princeton game, which comes only a week from Saturday.