CASTS PICKED FOR FALL PRODUCTIONS OF DRAMATIC CLUB

MAY APPLY FOR TICKETS NOW--TO GO ON SALE NOVEMBER 16

After a competition of several weeks, in which acting trials were held under the supervision of Mr. J. W. D. Seymour '17, the Dramatic Club announces today the casts for its two fall productions. "The Violins of Cremona" and "The Witches' Mountain". Mr. Seymour, who has been connected with many of the club's former productions both as an actor and a coach, will direct the rehearsals. The picking of the cast was difficult because an unusual number of promising candidates reported for the trials; the majority of the parts, however, are taken by members of the club.

"The Violins of Cremona" is a comedy in one act translated from the French of Francois Copee by Edgar Scott '20. The theme is pleasing and abounds in pathos and humor. Miss Kathleen Middleton '23 will take the part of Giannina, the much sought for daughter of an old Italian violin maker. W. H. Wells '23 and K. O. Mott-Smith '22 are the rivals for her affection.

"The Witches' Mountain", by Julio Sanchez Gardel, is a three act drama of the Argentine of 50 years ago. Not only has it never before been produced in this country, but it is the first Argentine play that has ever been given in America. The leading role, that of the arch-villain, Don Todeo, will be taken by J. J. Collier '23. Leon, his son, will be played by Burke Boyce '22, and Juan de Dios by B. K. Little '23.

The complete casts are as follows:

"The Violins of Cremona"Taddeo,  C. A. Fritz 1G.Sandro,  W. H. Wells '23Philippo,  K. O. Mott-Smith '22Giannina,  Miss Kathleet Middleton '23"The Witches' Mountain"Don Tadeo,  J. J. Collier '23Leon,  Burke Boyce '22Daniel,  R. C. Burrell '23Juan de Dios,  B. K. Little '23Tobias,  Conrad Salinger '23Pl uillin  Philip Wardner '24Camposanto,  F. S. Hill '22Inda,  Miss Mary Alice Secy '22Zoila,  Miss Ethel Woodworth '2