UNIVERSITY FENCERS TO MEET INFORMAL NAVY TERM SATURDAY

Former Annapolis Follsmen Stationed at Boston Navy Yard Also to Oppose M. I. T. Sabre Team at Hemenway

This Saturday the University fencing team will meet its first test of the year in a preseason informal meet with a team of former Annapolis fencers who are now stationed at the Boston Navy Yard. The match will be played off in the fencing room at Hemenway starting at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Since the University has no sabre team, one has been invited from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to engage the sailors in this branch. In the foils and in the duelling swords, the following Crimson men will start: Foils, Captain Burke Boyce '22, W. R. Brewster '22, and E. L. Lane '24; duelling swords, J. S. Barss '22, and F. W. Saunders '24.

Since Coach Danguy wishes to try out as many of his men as possible before the opening of the fencing season late in January with a match with M. I. T., E. H. Lane '24 and J. K. Watson '23 will be put in as substitutes.

During the Christmas vacation Captain Boyce and S. H. Ordway Jr. 1L. will participate in the Junior Foils Tournament in New York, which will be held under the auspices of the Amateur Fencing League of America.