CANDIDATES FOR RIFLE TEAM TO MEET TOMORROW

Captain and Manager to Address Men at First Meeting in Stoughton 23--Team to Have Use of New Regulation Range in Smith Hall

The University and Freshman rifle teams will start their season tomorrow night with a meeting for all candidates at 8.30 o'clock in Stoughton 23. There will be talks by W. B. Darling '22, president of the Rifle Club, H. H. Fuller '23, captain of the team, and G. C. Rose '22, manager, giving an outline of how practice is conducted and describing the work of the season.

A large number of candidates is expected to report because of the added facilities. The new regulation 50-foot range in the basement of Persis Smith Hall, which is now ready for use will not only give the members of the squad a chance to practice more often, but will enable some who could not otherwise give the time a chance to go out for the team. In former years the team had to be content with making two trips a week to the Bay State School of Musketry in Boston, and even with first-class material could not practice often enough to gain a high degree of accuracy.

The schedule will cover most of the winter, the first meet coming on January 13 and the season ending some time in the middle of March. In the middle of January the University and Freshman teams will meet each other. At present the squad will shoot at the range at optional periods and will hand in each week their two best targets. The ability of the members of the squad will be judged by the results of the targets handed in.