AMES COMPETITION REACHES C SERIES

Two Rounds of First and Second Year Courts Completed-Finals in Third Year Next Term-Sixty-Four Clubs Are in Contest

Series A and B of the first year debates in the Ames Competition in the Law School, have been completed. In these two series individual students argue with one another. In series C, which begins immediately after the Christmas recess, the debates are between the clubs, which number 64 in the School. Two men from each club argue against two men from each of the other clubs. The cases are decided by justices drawn from the faculty, the board of the Law Review, and the Board of Advisors.

In the second year inter-club elimination contest practically all the second round cases have been argued, and two cases in the third round have been tried. On December 5 the Kent-Marshall Club won from the Taft Club by default, and on December 7 the Choate Club defeated the Pow Won Club, 8-4.

In the third year courts the contest has passed through the semi-final round. The final round, in which the Kent Club will argue against the Warren Club, will be held on January 13 at 8 o'clock in the main centre lecture room of Langdell Hall.