MAN SUSPECTED OF ROBBING WESTMORLY ARRESTED BY POLICE

TWO OTHER SUSPECTS CAUGHT ON WEDNESDAY

After two days of careful searching, the College police yesterday apprehended a man who is alleged to have committed the robberies in Westmorly Court early Tuesday morning. He has been identified by F. Van W. Mason '24 as the man who was in room 123 at 3.20 o'clock on the morning of the robberies, and will be brought up for trial at 9 o'clock this morning. He was released last right on $200 ball.

Mason, who was returning from a dance, discovered the man in his room and immediately gave chase. Dropping a pocketbook containing money and a Corpona typewriter taken from room 133, the thief dashed from the building up Plympton Street and finally made his escape by darting into an alley back of the University Squash Courts. A careful search of the rooms in Westmorly revealed the fact that the robber had succeeded in making off with a large amount of money and several valuable pieces of jewelry.

Two Other Suspects Arrested

The College police report that many other expert crooks are operating in the University. Yesterday morning two men whom Officer Wilson of the College force had caught on Wednesday were arraigned in the East Cambridge district court and will be held in ball for a week on the charges of having narcotics in their possession and of attempting to obtain clothing by false pretenses. Their finger prints have been taken and will be sent to various parts of the country. On gave his address as New York and the other as Philadelphia.

The two were observed on Mt. Auburn street Wednesday morning by Officer Wilson, who followed them because he surmised that they were strangers and suspicious characters. They first, entered B. Hyte's tailor shop and asked for a suit that had been pressed under the name of "Jackson"; failing to secure it, they later visited the Varsity Shop and attempted to obtain one under the name of "Stevens". Although Officer Wilson lost sight of one of them for a while, he eventually stopped the two as they were hurrying along together near Dunster Street and held them, assisted by a Cambridge police officer. When searched, morphine and cocaine were found in their clothes. They were locked up until called into court.

Reports are coming to the College police concerning one Will C. Stinson, stating that he has repeatedly trespassed on College property although he has been warned several times and fined in the East Cambridge court for this offense. He claims to be a book agent from a reputable house, and makes attractive offers to students, which have usually proved to be deceptive.

In this case as well as in the many others that are taking the attention of the authorities, the College police state that students can be of assistance by keeping on their guard and reporting all suspicious circumstances to the headquarters in Massachusetts Hall immediately, as well as by protecting their property more carefully. The police urge them particularly to keep their rooms locked