TO SPEAK ON "EDUCATIONAL PROJECTS IN NEAR EAST"

Teachers From Turkish Colleges to Lecture at Meeting in Phillips Brooks House Friday

Next Friday evening at 7.30, John E. Merrill, president of Central Turkey College, and Albert F. Staub of Robert College, Constantinople, will give illustrated talks on different phases of the subject, "Educational Projects in the Near East." The meeting will be held in Peabody Hall, Phillips Brooks House, under the auspices of the Graduate Schools Society with Professor Edward C. Moore presiding.

Besides being of great general interest to everyone, these talks will afford an exceptional opportunity to anyone who is thinking of teaching in the Near East to get first-hand information on the subject from men qualified to give it.

Was With Red Cross

Mr. Staub during the first part of the recent war worked with the Red Cross, having charge of shipping supplies abroad. From 1917 till 1919 he was Assistant Manager of the Atlantic division of the Red Cross. In August 1919 he went to the Near East to study the work of the Syrian Protestant College and of Robert College of Constantinople of which he is now executive secretary.

In order to give any men who are considering going into this sort of teaching, an opportunity to get an accurate idea of the work, Mr. Staub will hold a series of 15 minute personal conferences throughout the day on Friday on the opportunities for college men in educational work in the Near East. Any men wishing to secure one of these conferences may sign up any day this week in Phillips Brooks House between 9 and 5.