GLEE CLUB WINS CONTEST

University Men Led By L. R. Ring '22 Gain Permanent Possession of Trophy in Fourth Intercollegiate Victory

In the sixth Intercollegiate Glee Club Contest last Saturday night at the Town Hall, New York, the University Club was victorious for the fourth time. Although only three wins are required for permanent possession of the trophy offered by the University Glee Club of New York City, the Crimson singers came out ahead in the first contest in which no prize was at stake, but Saturday night's victory gives the cup to the University Glee Club permanently. Dartmouth received honorable mention in the contest, in which eight colleges competed.

The Intercollegiate Competition was first held officially in 1914, the University being a victor then and in 1917, while in 1915 and 1916, Dartmouth and Princeton respectively gained the decisions. This year's contest was the first since the war.

Twenty-eight men, led by L. R. Ring '22, took part, singing "Now is the Month of Maying," by Marley, "Old Harvard" the words of which were especially written for the occasion to the tune of the Belgian National Anthem by D. T. W. McCord '21, and "My Love" by Horatio Parker.