TRACK SEASON TO CLOSE WITH WINTER CARNIVAL TODAY

SECOND ASSISTANT MANAGERS START WORK IN APRIL

The annual winter track carnival which will be held on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3.30 is the last event of the winter track season. As the purpose of this meet is to stimulate greater interest in track among the men who have not had any opportunity to compete this winter, all the events of the meet will be arranged with handicaps. The first string men will be set back a sufficient distance so that it will be difficult for them to win.

Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded to the winners of first, second, and third places respectively and the men on the winning relay teams will receive ribbons. Only members of the track squad and the men who signed up in the blue book before 5 o'clock yesterday afternoon may compete. No entrant will be permitted to run unless he has had a physical examination.

In the Crimson-Advocate-Lampoon relay race and the Harvard-Yale Graduates' relay race, four men will be entered on each team while ten men will represent each class in the Interclass relay event. In all the relay races, each man will run two laps.

The order of the races will be:

40-yard dash trials, 40-yard hurdles, 300-yard dash, 1000-yard run, 40-yard dash finals, Crimson-Advocate-Lampoon relay race, mile run, 600-yard run, Harvard-Yale graduates relay race, Interclass relay race. The following field events will be held: high-jump, pole-vault, shot-put, and 35-pound weight or 16-pound hammer throw.

When the spring track season begins in the first week of April, candidates for the position of second assistant manager of the University track team will be called out. The competition will last approximately eight weeks, ending with the Intercollegiate Meet which will be held at Soldiers Field on May 27 and 28. Men will not be handicapped on account of lack of experience. The candidate standing second in the competition will be made assistant manager of the University cross-country team.