OFFICERS OF WOODROW WILSON CLUB ELECTED

Purpose of Organization Is to Support Entering League and to Collect Peace Conference Documents--Ex-President Wilson Has Approved Plan

The University Woodrow Wilson Club, under whose auspices Hamilton Holt, editor of the Independent, will speak in the Union on Monday, has announced the election of the following officers: President, R. C. Stuart Jr. '21; vice-president, J. L. Brown 3L.; secretary, J. R. Williams '11, instructor in the English Department; and treasurer, T. E. O'Callaghan 1L. These men, together with Stuart Huckins ocC., W. E. Reilly '22 and F. S. Pollak '23, constitute the Executive Committee.

The Wilson Club of the University was organized November 11, 1920, the second anniversary of the Armistice. Its immediate program is to bring about the organization of similar clubs at other colleges in the country. With them it will vigorously support any forthcoming proposals to enter the League of Nations. The club plans also to collect original documents bearing on President Wilson's work at the Peace Conference, with especial regard to his work in drafting the Covenant of the League. It will deposit these documents in the Widener Library for future use by historians and will it self finance research based upon them. This work will be done in a spirit of impartial inquiry, without regard to the party issues involved.

Program Being Drawn Up

The detailed program to be followed for the next few months is now being drafted by a non-partisan committee of University professors and will serve when completed as the basis of an appeal for endowment. The program will call for sufficient money, not only to purchase documents illustrating the day-to-day proceedings of the Peace Conference, but to buy also important material such as pamphlets and the Paris news-papers of the time; ans to employ a worker to tabulate and catalogue this material.

President Wilson himself expressed approval of this plan of collecting documents in addressing a delegation of six members of the club at the White House on Washington's Birthday. R. C. Stuart '21 headed the delegation, consisting of J. R. Williams '11, F. P. Stapleton 3L., F. S. Pollak '23, Sherlock Davis '24 and J. D. Winans '24.