"47 WORKSHOP" TRIP IS STARTED SUCCESSFULLY

First Performance Crowded -- Professor Baker to Be Honored by Harvard Club of New York -- Utica, Buffalo and Cleveland to Be Included in Tour

Playing to a crowded house at the Horticultural Hall in Worcester last night, the "47 Workshop", under the direction of Professor G. P. Baker '87, started the first tour of its eleven years history. The Worcester performance consisted of the three one-act plays: "Torches", by Kenneth Raishbeck '21; "Cooks and Cardinals", by N. C. Lindau, a graduate student at the University 1916-18; and "Mis' Mercy" by Louise Whitefield Bray, a Radcliffe student.

The Workshop will leave for New York City tomorrow night, and will give matinees at the Morosco Theatre Monday and Tuesday afternoons at 2.15 o'clock. In addition to the three one-act plays the matinee programs will include the long play, "A Punch or Judy", by Philip Barry, Yale '19, and a graduate student at the University during 1919-20. After the first New York performance on Monday, the Board of managers of the Harvard Club will give a dinner in honor of Professor Baker, who will be welcomed by a committee of prominent University graduates.

The next Workshop performance will be at Utica, N. Y., where "A Punch for Judy" will be given in the New Century Auditorium Wednesday at 8.15. Evening productions of all four plays will follow on Thursday and Friday, April 21 and 22 at 8 o'clock in the Auditorium of the State Normal School at Buffalo, N. Y.; while the next day, April 23, will see the conclusion of the Workshop tour at the Duchess Theatre, Cleveland, O. Here the entire program will be given in two performances, one at 2.15, the other at 3.15