STUDENTS RECONSTRUCTION UNIT TO SAIL JUNE 23

Organization Composed of Men From Many Eastern Universities Goes to France to Help in Rebuilding Work in Vicinity of Rheims and Verdun

The "American Students" Reconstruction Unit", composed of students from many universities and colleges, will leave for France this coming summer immediately after commencement. Passage has been engaged, on the new steamship "Paris" of the French line, leaving New York June 23. Upon its arrival in France the Unit will be subdivided into a number of small groups, which will be allotted to different towns and departments along the Marno and Mouse. The smaller groups of six and seven each, will be living and working in the towns and villages between Rheims and Verdun, where the most interesting work is to be done. It is understood that two of the men who show the highest qualifications will work at Rheims under the direct supervision of the architect of Rheims Cathedral.

The Secretary of the Association will sail for France the middle of May to make final arrangements. He will make a preliminary survey of the entire area before the unit arrives, so that everything will be in readiness for the men to go to work with the least possible delay. Various opportunities for different fields of work will be presented to the unit upon its arrival, and insofar as it is possible, each student will have a chance to decide as to where and with whom he is to work.

Applications Close at 1 o'Clock Today

Applications for membership in the Unit will be open until today, and the necessary blanks may be obtained from S. R. McCandles, Arch. School, Robinson Hall, or from the Office in Robinson Hall. Men who are following courses in Architecture and Civil Engineering may apply for membership; a certain number of non-technical students will be accepted if they are sufficiently versed in the French language. The colleges sending quotas in the Unit are: Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Princeton, University of Pennsylvania and Yale.