DR. EINSTEIN VISITS UNIVERSITY ON MAY 18

Famous German Scientist to Be Given Special Reception in Union Next Wednesday Morning--Pres. Lowell and Prof. Lyman Head Committee

A special reception will be held in the Living Room of the Union next Wednesday morning, May 18, at 10.45 o'clock in honor of Dr. Albert Einstein of Berlin, the famous scientist. All members of the University and the Faculty are invited to take this opportunity of meeting the well-known originator of the theory of relativity. Dr. Einstein will be present at the reception for about an hour, leaving only in time to keep another appointment in his program for the day.

President Lowell and Professor Theodore Lyman '97, Director of the Jefferson Physical Laboratory, will head the committee, composed of various Professors from the different Departments of Science, which will meet Dr. Einstein on his arrival in Cambridge and conduct him about the more important buildings of the University.

The visit to the University will be a part of Dr. Einstein's itinerary for his two-day visit to Boston, during which he will also be entertained by the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.

As Dr. Einstein only lectures in German, it was decided by the authorities of the University and the Governing Board of the Union that to give the University the chance to meet the distinguished scientist at an informal reception of this character were more satisfactory than attempting an address through an interpreter.