HAUERS AND GORDON WIN HURDLES EVENTS

First Place Men Will Be Awarded Miniture Bronze Hurdles by M. W. F. Gareelon '95--220-Yard Race Also Trials for Princeton Meet

C. R. Hauers '23 and A. H. Gordon '23 were the respective winners of the special 65-yard high hurdle event and the 220 low on the Stadium track yesterday afternoon. This was the third of the series of special hurdle races held this spring. The two winners will be awarded miniature bronze hurdles by Mr. W. F. Garcelon '95, who will present four more of these trophies next week to the first-place men in the last two of the special series:

Hauers won the 65-yard high hurdles yesterday with a four-yard lead over W. C. Bennett '23, R. H. Sears '24 finishing third. In the previous special races the low hurdle event had been limited to 120 yards. Yesterday, however, Coach Bingham decided to combine the race with trials for the Princeton meet and accordingly stretched the distance the usual 220-yard mark. The first heat was won by R. F. Thayer '23 with E. B. Jourdain '21 following; while the second was taken by Gordon with Bennett less than a yard behind. In the finals Gordon outran Thayer by two paces, G. T. Barker winning third place.