PRESIDENT ANGELL

When the President-elect of Yale speaks at the Union tonight the University will have its first opportunity to honor the newly chosen head of a rival institution. Dr. Angell is known to have many valuable ideas on the subject of undergraduate life and education in general. Before his election to his new position, he was regarded as an authority on all matters connected with the training of young men. It is, therefore, highly desirable that the University should have an opportunity to hear from the man who is to guide the thought of Yale during the coming years, his opinions on matters that are of very definite interest in Cambridge. In regard to intercollegiate athletics in particular, Dr. Angell is known to have views not generally held in college circles. When the close relation of Yale and Harvard on the field of sport is taken into consideration, it will be seen that the policies of the President of the former college are bound to have some effect on athletics at the University. His speech tonight will therefore deserve close attention.

Dr. Angell has been in Cambridge before as a graduate student--and so is hardly a stranger here. The welcome accorded to him will be all the more hearty for that very reason.