1923 SCHOLARSHIP IS AWARDED TO JENKINS

Freshman Baseball Captain Honored at Jubilee--Prepared at Mercersburg--Gore Hall Wins Song Contest for Second Successive Year

Percy Jenkins '24 of Quincy was awarded the 1923 Class Memorial Scholarship by Vinton Chapin '23, in behalf of the class of 1923, at the Freshman Jubilee last night. Jenkins, who prepared at Mercersburg Academy and Staunton Military Academy, was a backfield star on the 1924 football team, was captain of the relay team in the winter, and is captain and shortstop on the Freshman baseball team.

This scholarship is annually presented to that member of the Freshman class who, in academic record, achievements in athletics and other extra-curriculum activities, is considered to have done most for his class. In awarding this scholarship the Sophomore class adheres to the custom established by the class of 1919, which awarded the first memorial scholarship to F. K. Bullard '20. The classes of 1920, 1921 and 1922 continued the custom by presenting scholarships to J. A. Sessions '21, H. F. Colt '22 and M. W. Self '23, respectively.

In the singing contests held last night as part of the Jubilee entertainment, Gore Hall won possession for the second year of the silver cup. Standish won in 1919 and Smith the two previous years.