PROFESSOR PALMER TO CONDUCT CHAPEL

Will Officiate at Class Day Exercises in Appleton Chapel--Seniors Fortunate in Obtaining Him as Substitute for Doctor Raymond Calkins

Professor George Herbert Palmer will conduct the exercises in Appleton Chapel on Class Day morning, it was announced by the Class Day Committee last night. It was first planned that Dr. Raymond Calkins would serve as Class Day chaplain as well as officiate on Baccalaureate Sunday, but as he will be unable to be in Cambridge on Tuesday, Professor Palmer has kindly consented to conduct Chapel. The chaplain for the Sanders Theatre exercises at 11 o'clock on Class Day has not yet been chosen.

The last time that Professor Palmer spoke in Chapel on Class Day was 1916. Previous to that year he had regularly officiated, but because of his age, which now exceeds eighty years, he did not wish to preside at Appleton after 1916. It was only because of the present emergency that Professor Palmer agreed to conduct the exercises this year. As the Chapel Exercises on Tuesday are one of the most impressive events of Class Day week, the Seniors are particularly fortunate in having one of the University's most eminent men to preside.