CRIMSON CREWS TO BE GIVEN LAST HARD ROW BEFORE RACE TODAY

ELI SEATING CHANGED AGAIN--DILWORTH DROPPED

RED TOP, CONN., June 16.--Both University A and B were sent over the mile course today and given practice in racing starts preparatory to the final fast four-mile row which the coaches plan to put the first crew through tomorrow, probably in the morning. University A started off the day with a row over the first mile of the course, being coached to keep much the same stroke as Appleton will be expected to hold to in the Yale race. After this, a long paddle followed, interspersed with frequent racing starts. The afternoon's workout consisted in more racing starts and an easy four-mile paddle.

The second crew is now generally considered the best Junior eight the Crimson has had in three years, although they have not yet had a real chance to show what they could do. Tomorrow they will have that chance when they pace the first crew, and few people who have been watching them expect them to be far behind.

The Freshmen today entered the last phase of their hard training before the race. For the last few practices this week, their work will center around a hard two-mile row against the University crew. This morning Dr. Howe worked his men hard on sprints, and this afternoon he gave them a long paddle.

Yale is not yet quite satisfied with her crew's seating. Yesterday Haldeman moved from 3 to 7. Russell was put in at 3, and Dilworth went back to the second boat. They rowed the same way today, and were given a mile row under fast conditions against the second crew, winning by three-quarters of a length in four minutes, 58 seconds.