FINAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR PHI BETA KAPPA DAY ARE COMPLETED

DR. RALPH ADAMS CRAM TO BE THE ORATOR

The annual Phi Beta Kappa Day for the Harvard Chapter has been set for Monday, June 20. The final arrangements for the business meeting, literary exercises, and dinner--the three main events of the day--have been made and are announced as follows:

The business meeting will be held in Emerson D at 10 o'clock. This is a recent departure from the former custom of meeting in Harvard Hall, as it is believed the new room will prove more comfortable and convenient. All members of the Harvard Chapter of the society are invited to attend the meeting, at which Professor F. W. Taussig '79 will preside.

Junior Eight to Lead Procession

Immediately after the meeting, at 11.15 o'clock, the keymen will assemble for the procession to Sanders Theatre. In the absence of P. R. Chandler '21, First Marshal, Theodore Dunham '21 will act as First Marshal. With H. D. Smith '21, the Second Marshal, Dunham will march at the head of the procession. The line will form in double file, with the Junior eight at the head, followed by the Senior members and those of the other classes in reverse order of seniority. The undergraduate members are expected to wear caps and gowns. Led by trumpeters and drummers, the procession will march through the Yard to Sanders Theatre, where the literary exercises will be held at 11.30. When the head of the procession reaches the steps of Memorial Hall it will halt, and the two files will separate, each member facing inward, thus forming two ranks with an open avenue between. The last two men the oldest members, will then pass up the aisle thus formed, and the others will follow in such a manner that the oldest members enter the floor of Sanders first and take the front seats. The undergraduate members will take their places on either side of the platform.

The entire main floor of the Theatre will be reserved for members marching in the procession. The first gallery will be set aside for guests holding the blue tickets for reserved seats. These may be obtained by active members from Miss Weeks in Dean Greenough's office at University Hall (North Entry). The families and preparatory-school masters of men attaining academic distinction in the College have also been invited, and may obtain blue tickets on application to the Recording Secretary, or by applying in person at 4 University Hall between the hours of ten and twelve-thirty on Monday. The first two rows in the center of the lower balcony will be set aside for specially invited guests, while one section will be reserved for members of Radcliffe College. The second balcony is open to the general public, free of charge.

Professor Taussig as president of the chapter will preside at the exercises. The orator will be Dr. Ralph Adams Cram, and the poet will be Professor John Erskine, of Columbia University.

After the exercises, the members of the society will march from Sanders to the Union, where luncheon will be served. In the formation of this procession the members from the older classes will load, so that the column will be arranged in order of seniority. Tickets for the dinner should be obtained in advance, and may be purchased by all members of the Harvard Chapter for $2.50 at Kent's University Bookstore. The members of other chapters are also invited to the dinner, but they must receive a written order from Professor William Guild Howard '91, Corresponding Secretary of the chapter, at 39 Kirkland Street, Cambridge. The five members of the Senior class who were elected this spring will receive free dinner tickets, which may be procured from W. T. Salter '22 at the Crimson Building.