BUSINESS SCHOOL FACULTY CHANGED

Absence of Professor Roorbach Brings New Men Into Foreign Trade and Banking Groups--Reception for First Year Men on Thursday

Since the spring announcement of courses and professors in the Business School, several changes have been made, particularly in the Foreign. Trade and Banking groups.

Professor George B. Roorbach has been released from his duties in the school, at Secretary Hoover's request, in order to devote a year to special, work in the Department of Commerce. To take his place several men will give courses on Foreign Trade. In the first half year Mr. James E. McGrath of the Foreign Department of the First National Bank of Boston will give the course in Latin-American Trade. Assistant Professor H. R. Tosdal Ph.D. '15 will give the first year course in Foreign Trade Methods and will also handle the thesis work in Foreign Trade. Either European or Far Eastern Trade will be given in the second half year by an instructor to be announced later.

In the Banking group, Corporation Finance will be given as a half course by given as a half course by Assistant Professor A. S. Dewing '02 and two other members of the staff. Assistant Professor Dewing will also give a course in Investment Banking. Assistant Professor Lincoln will offer a new course in Public Utility Finance. Bank Executive Problems will be given as a half course in the second half year by Professor H. B. Donham '98 and two assistants. Mr. R. L. Dana, Law School '04, of the law firm of Pillsbury, Dana and Young, Boston, will give the course in Commercial Contracts. Law relating to Business Associations will be given by Mr. F. T. Field, Law School '03, of Goodwin, Proctor, Field and Hoar of Boston.

Mr. Clinton P. Biddle has been appointed Assistant Dean in addition to Assistant Dean D. K. David.

The Faculty of the Business School will hold its annual reception for incoming men in the Living Room of the Union on Thursday evening at 8 o'clock.

A Business School Club has been organized during the past summer with the purpose of furthering social intercourse among members of the Business School and, by means of speakers and group discussion, of developing a professional spirit among men studying for business.

Definite plans of the club include speeches by prominent men, both to the various class groups and to the class as a whole, and a program of social affairs. A picnic or boat ride has been definitely scheduled for Columbus Day, October 12.