VISCOUNT BRYCE TO SPEAK AT 8

Distinguished Visitor Was Formerly Ambassador at Washington--Author of Many Famous Books

At 8 o'clock this evening in the Living Room of the Union Viscount Bryce, former English ambassador at Washington, will make an address. President Lowell will preside and introduce the speaker. All members of the University are invited.

Viscount Bryce has had a long and distinguished public life. Beginning in 1880 as Member of Parliament for Tower Hamlets, he soon rose to Under-Secretary for Foreign Affairs, and has since held many positions of honor and responsibility. He has been awarded degrees by universities in all parts of the world, among others Harvard, which conferred on him a D. C. L. in 1907. Viscount Bryce was one of the British representatives of the Hague Court, and, during the war, headed an English commission of inquiry on the subject of German atrocities.

Among Lord Bryce's numerous works are: "The Holy Roman Empire," "The American, Commonwealth," "Impressions, of South Africa," "Studies in Contemporary Biography," and "Modern Democracies," just published.