SOCCER STARTS TOMORROW

Material Promises Stronger Team than Last Year's--Manager Candidates Report at H. A. A. at 1.05 Tomorrow

Although candidates for the University and Freshman soccer teams will not be called until tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock, candidates for the position of second assistant manager of the University team, from the Sophomore class, and for the positions of manager and assistant manager of the 1925 team, from the Freshman class, will report at the H. A. A. today at 1.05 o'clock. The competitions will last about six weeks.

When the University squad reports at Soldiers Field tomorrow afternoon, only five of last year's team will remain as a nucleus about which to form the 1921 eleven; but the six vacant places will easily be filled from last year's substitutes and the 1924 Freshman eleven. Indications are that this material can be worked into team which should easily better last year's record.

Of the regulars who are returning, Captain Clark Heath '22, halfback, and R. W. Heizer '23, center, seem sure of their positions. In last season's league contests, the latter, by his spectacular work in every contest, showed himself to be the individual star of the team. Besides being the highest point scorer, he proved an invaluable man on the defense. Captain Heath is a player of notable cleverness and speed.

Of the men coming up from the 1924 squad, W. N. Tuttle and H. N. Eldredge should be strong contenders for the forward line and the regulars will have to show more ability than they did last season to keep from being ousted from their positions by these men. A. V. Byington and F. M. Seamens also did well in the Freshman forward line, and should materially strengthen this year's squad. L. F. Brigham, who played goal on the 1924 eleven, will probably be counted upon to fill the place left vacant by the graduation of W. G. Cummings '21