H. B. WALKER '22 TO LEAD WRESTLING TEAM

Members of Team Selected as Result of Elimination Contests Held Saturday Night in Hemenway -- Lockwood Awarded Heavyweight Title

At a meeting held Saturday night just after the team tryouts, Harold Brooks Walker '22 of Detroit, Michigan, was elected captain of the University wrestling team. Earlier in the evening Walker won the 115-pound bout for the third consecutive year. He has represented the University for two years in wrestling and last year won his match against Yale.

In the elimination contests in which the members of the University team were chosen, the following men were successful in their class: 115-pound class, Captain Walker; 135-pound class, Morris Michelson '24; 145-pound class, George Karelitz '24; 158-pound class, W. G. Cole '24; 175-pound class, C. L. Abernathy Jr. '22. In the 125-pound class there was not match as H. J. Freedman '23, a member of last year's team, was unable to compete owing to an arm injury. Benoni Lockwood Jr. '22 was awarded the heavyweight title although there was no match. The feature bout of the evening was in the 145-pound class in which George Karelitz '24 won a seven-second decision over R. LeB. Daggett '23 after two three-minute overtime periods. The summaries of the final bouts follow:

115-pound class: Walker won a decision over M. R. Grosser '24 in 5.24.

135-pound class: Michelson defeated L. F. Holmes '24 by a fall in 4.08.

145-pound class: Karelitz defeated Daggett by a decision of seven seconds in two three-minute overtime periods.

158-pound class: Cole won on a decision in 6.13 over J. F. DeWolfe '24.

175-pound class. Abernathy defeated D. H. Sanders '22. No time was taken.