UNIVERSITY WRESTLERS DEFEAT BOSTON Y. M. C. U.

Obtain Victory in Close Bout by 14-11 Score--Falls Occur in Only Two Bouts, One for Each Team--Result Shows Crimson Team Strength

The University wrestling team defeated the Boston Young Men's Christian Union by the score of 14-11 last night on the main floor of the Hemenway Gymnasium. The Union is reputed to have one of the best amateur teams in New England and the best in greater Boston, so the results of last night's bouts was a worthy culmination of the weeks of careful and intensive training which Coach Jedleneki has emphasized. The fact that only two of the bouts resulted in falls gives ample evidence of the closeness of the match. Cole, last year's Freshman captain, distinguished himself by his victory by a fall over Rosenfield, it being the only actual five-point victory that the Crimson grapplers scored, B. Y. M. C. U., too, was able to down but one of their opponents, when Myerson, Union captain and amateur middle-weight champion of New England, downed Abernathy with the greatest skill that was seen on the mat last night.

The first match, between Captain Walker of the University and Smith in the 115 pound class resulted in a non-decision as neither was able to get the necessary time superiority of 60 seconds. Two extra periods were run off before Walker won on a time decision. Freedman, in the 125 pound bout, easily defeated his opponent. The Union were the victors in the next struggle when Pappas defeated Michelson in a double overtime bout. The 145 pound match went to the University when the alertness of Karelita gave him a time decision over Wuote. The next bout between Cole and Rosenfield was the best of the evening as Cole showed some marked aggressive attack and downed his man in seven minutes. The Union came back with a five point fall when Myerson cleverly brought Abernathy to the floor in four minutes.