ENTRIES FOR MILLROSE MEET TO BE SELECTED

Coach Bingham Gives Out Tentative List From Which Contestants Will be Chosen -- Strenuous Practices Mark Work-Outs of Past Week

With a record squad of 175 men on hand, Coach Bingham has had a wealth of material from which to select entrants for the meet with Millrose in New York on February 1. The team to represent the University has not yet been definitely decided upon, but trials are being held regularly and it is upon the basis of these tests that the final choice will probably be made. A tentative list of men from whom entrants for the Millrose meet will be picked was announced by Coach Bingham on Saturday, and includes J. A. McCarthy '22, W. C. Bennett '23, W. F. Eaton '22, Richard Chute '22, J. E. Kennedy '23, J. W. Quinn '23, Vinton Chapin '23, Percy Jenkins '24, R. S. Whitney '22, and C. R. Hauers '23.

Practice during the past week has been of a strenuous nature. The distance men are increasing their daily work-outs, while the sprinters have been concentrating on starts under the direction of E. A. Teschner '17. Teschner was a member of the track team during the years 1915-1916, and holds the University record for the 100-yard dash, 9 4-5 seconds.

Interest in the javelin throw has shown a steady increase during the past week, and Coach Mikkola has announced a competition for the javelin throw to be held on February 2. This contest is open to all members who have been reporting for the javelin and discus events, and a medal will be awarded the successful candidate.