MR. WHITING WILLIAMS SPEAKS ON EUROPEAN RECONSTRUCTION

Tells Graduate Schools Society That America Must Enter in--All Germany United in Hatred of France

That America, the only rested nation, must take the first step to solve the labor problem of war-weary Europe, and must realize that a solution demands good will combined with information and intelligence was the conclusion reached by Mr. Whiting Williams in a talk on "Experiences in the Mines of France and the Saar Valley" before the Graduate Schools Society in Phillips Brooks House yesterday afternoon. Mr. Williams, following the method of studying labor conditions that he used in the United States and Great Britain, worked as a laborer in the mines of the Saar Valley.

"Germany", he said in the course of his speech, "has not started to get back to normal. The country is full of uncertainty and disunity. It is torn between the military leaders and captains of industry on the one hand, and the workmen and radicals on the other. Germany feels badly beaten, and its only unity is hatred of France, where as a result there is universal fear of Germany."