1925 SEXTET VICTORS IN HARD-FOUGHT GAME

Defeat Cambridge Latin 1-0 on Charlesbank Rinks--Contest Featured by Many Spirited Scrimmages--Captain Hodder Stars for Freshmen

The Freshman hockey ream won a hard fought game yesterday afternoon on the Charlesbank Rinks when they defeated the Cambridge Latin skaters by the score of 1-0. The contest was featured by many spirited scrimmages which at times resulted in rough dashed of the Cambridge defence and the yearling forward line. The Freshmen showed an improvement in team-work over the Andover game, but there was still room for a closer co-operation. Stick-work was less accurate than in the scrimmage against the University on Thursday, but this may have been due to the fact that the yearlings were under constant pressure and had to hurry their shots.

Cronin was the most potent factor on the visiting line-up and showed a speed and agility superior to his team mates. His stardom alone, however, was not sufficient to make up for the ragged team work which they showed.

Beals and Burgess, both strong men in the regular yearling formation were not in the line-up, by Hodder easily made up for their absence both on the forward and defensive lines with steady protective work on his own ice broken by flashes of brilliant thrust at the opponents' goal.

The summary: HARVARD 1925  CAMBRIDGE LATIN Peirson, Gibb, Hodder, r.w.  l.w., Groden Bonbridght, c.  c., Cronin Austin, Mann, l.w.  r.w., Fitzgerald, Berkley Hodder, Chase, r.d.  l.d., Chauson Hammond, Chase, Bowland, l.d.  r.d., Mahony Cantillon, g.  g., Davies, Fitzgerald, Smith

Score, Harvard 1925 1, Cambridge Latin 0. Goal, Hodder. Referee, Ingalls. Goal umpires, Spalding, Theopold. Time, three 12-minute periods.