SQUASH FLAYERS TO HOLD LONG PRACTICE SESSIONS

Members of Squad Will Receive More Individual Instruction From Coach Cowles -- Preparing for Important Matches--Two Tournaments Planned

With more than half the schedule completed, the members of the University squash squad will hold long practice sessions this week in preparation for the remaining matches. The coaching system under the direction of Coach Cowles of the Harvard Club of Boston, has been extended so that men will be able to secure at least one individual lesson a week. This has been made possible by the addition of another period for coaching in addition to the regular afternoon sessions on Tuesday and Thursday.

Team A is heading for the contest with the Tennis and Racquet Club in Cambridge this Saturday. The final match, and the one that will decide the league standing, will be played on January 14 with the Union Boat Club team. University Team B has three more matches on its program, contests being scheduled with the Neighborhood Club, the Milton Club, and B. A. A. The latter match, dated for January 28, will close the season.

Plans are under way for the organization of two squash tournaments, one for members of the College, the other open to all members of the University. The first tournament will probably start some time next week, while that for all members of the University will not begin until after mid-years. Prizes are to be awarded to the successful contestants, a silver cup going to the winner and a medal to the runner-up. Details regarding dates and places for registration will be announced as soon as plans for the coming tournaments have been completed.