WITH POOR RECORD TO DATE FRESHMAN ELEVEN WILL MEET DEAN TODAY

DEAN HAS CREDITABLE SHOWING AGAINST STRONG TEAMS

The Freshman football team will encounter Dean Academy at 2.30 this afternoon at Soldiers Field in the fourth game of the yearling season. Dean has beaten Syracuse '26, lost to Penn State '26, and tied the Princeton Freshmen.

Until the last of yesterday's practice it was undecided what men would make up the yearling backfield. Although the Freshman team has an abundance of good material, including a number of former preparatory school players of stellar rank, Coach Snow has had difficulty in forming a well-balanced team.

Yesterday's drill consisted of a light workout and signal drill, with special attention being paid to blocking the efficient Dean attack which was used against Princeton 1926. With the exception of McGlone, Reed, and Stafford, the entire team ahs been rearranged since last week. Potter, who was injured in the Andover game, is still out of the play. In the line, Bradford has returned after an injury to his foot, and the other positions are filled by new men, some of whom were tried out against Exeter last week. The backfield has been strengthened by the addition of Stafford, but otherwise is unchanged.

Dean will present a well-seasoned and fast eleven. The Academy's showing in holding Princeton '26, to a tie was brilliant.