HOCKEY TO START AFTER YALE GAME

Owen, Crosby, Hill, Larocque, and Walker Will Make Strong Nucleus--Tentative and Partial Schedule Announced

The hockey season for 1922-23 will begin with a meeting of all candidates for the University and Freshman teams on Monday, November 27, at 7.30 o'clock in the Quiet Room of the Union. W. H. Claflin '15, Head Coach of Hockey, George Owen Jr. '23, captain, and B. D. Nash '23, manager, will speak on the plans for the coming season. There will be a meeting of all candidates for second assistant manager of the University team in the Union at 1.05 of the same day.

Practice for the University team will start as soon as there is ice in the Arena, probably Thanksgiving or shortly thereafter. Candidates for the Freshman team will attend the meeting at the Union, but there will be no Freshman practice until there is ice on the Charlesbank Rinks. There will be no call for Freshman manager candidates until actual practice begins.

Claflin to be Head Coach

The University will again have Mr. W. H. Claflin as head coach, and Robert Windsor Jr. '05 will again act in an advisory capacity.

Five letter men from last year's-ream will report again this year: W. E. Crosby '24, F. S. Hill '24, Joseph Larocque jr. '23, George Owen jr. '23, and G. G. Walker '24. Others on whom the coaches will depend are: A. H. Ladd '23, Corliss Lamont '24, S. C. Graves '24. Nelson Cabot '24, R. S. Phillips '24, G. C. Guild '23, J. H. Dempsey '23, Wilson Palmer '23, and J. G. Flint '23. Good material is also to be found among last year's Freshmen. Clark Hodder, 1925 captain, will be unable to play on account of college requirements.

The year's schedule has not yet been completed but certain games have been arranged, subject to the approval of the Athletic Committee, as follows:

January 4--Toronto at Boston.

January 13--Princeton at Boston.

January 20--Yale at New Haven.

February 20--Cornell at Boston.

February 21--Dartmouth at Boston.

February 24--Princeton at Princeton.

March 3--Yale at Boston.