PROFESSOR CUSHING TO SPEAK

Will Deliver Public Lecture at Medical School Tomorrow

Professor Harvey Cushing '95 M. Will deliver a deliver a lecture on "The Meningiomas" at the meeting of the Research Club in the amphitheatre of Building A. Harvard Medical School, at 12.30 P. M. tomorrow. The meeting will be open to the public.

Dr. Cushing is a graduate of Yale in the Class of '91 and received the degrees of A. M. and M.D. at the University in 1895. He immediately began the practice of surgery, specializing in neurology. From 1902 to 1911 he was Associate Professor of Surgery at Johns Hopkins; since that date he has been Professor of Surgery at the University Medical School. He is also surgeon-in-chief of the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital.

During the war, Dr. Cushing was Director of United States Base Hospital Number 5, attached to the British Expeditionary Force in France. In 1918 he was Senior Consultant in Neurotic Surgery to the American Expeditionary Force, holding the rank of Colonel in the Medical Corps.

He is a member of medical and physiological societies both domestic and foreign, and the author of numerous books and papers on surgery.