C. W. MARTIN WILL SUCCEED BINGHAM AS TRACK COACH

E. L. Farrell Will Continue as Assistant Coach of University Track--To Have Charge of Field Events

Due to Mr. W. J. Bingham's '16 recently announced decision to resign as head coach of the University track team, the Graduate Track Advisory Committee has found it necessary to appoint a new track coach, and after long consideration has finally decided upon Mr. C. William Martin, now head coach of track at Pennsylvania State College, to succeed Mr. Bingham. Mr. E. L. Farrell will continue as assistant and will have charge of the field events.

Since it first became known that Mr. Bingham was to leave the University, many coaches, associated with colleges and universities in all sections of the country, have written to the Advisory Committee making known their desire to come to Harvard. Most of these men, however, were of the old type professional coach, still holding to older methods and systems. It was only after long and careful consideration of the advantages and disadvantages of all applicants that the Committee has finally determined upon Mr. Martin as the best