FOURTEEN SCHOOLS IN CROSS-COUNTRY MEET

WILL RACE AT CAMBRIDGE UNDER AUSPICES OF H. A. A.

The interscholastic cross-country meet, to be held under the auspices of the H. A. A., will take place today over the Cambridge three-mile course. Fourteen schools have been entered in the meet including the Edward Little High School, which now holds the championship of Maine and the Providence Technical High School which is rated as having the best team in Rhode Island. The other schools are all in Massachusetts. The complete list follows:

Phillips Andover Academy, Arlington High School, Cambridge Latin School, Edward Little High School, Worcester High School of Commerce, Holten High School, Manning High School, Quincy High School, Rindge Technical School, St. John's Preparatory School, Stoneham High School. Providence Technical School, Winthrop High School, Worcester North High School.

It is expected that the strong contenders will be Andover, Edward Little High School, Providence Technical and Arlington High.

The race will begin at 11 o'clock. The winning team will become interscholastic champions of New England, and will be presented with a cup by the H. A. A. The first three men in will be presented with individual medals.

Following the race a lunch will be served to the contenders in the baseball cage, after which they will go to the Harvard-Florida football game as guests of the H. A. A.