DR. GRENFELL SPEAKS OF FUTURE OF LABRADOR

Declares That in 50 Years Country Will be as Valuable as Alaska--Describes General Work of Hospitals and of Mission

Dr. Wilfred T. Grenfell, speaking at the Phillips Brooks House last night, told of the work of the Grenfell Mission and the promising future of Labrador.

The work is not cut and dried, he said. One starts out to do one thing and usually ends up by accomplishing something else. When Dr. Grenfell started working in Labrador he thought that the most reasonable aid to give to these people was medical aid, for the people were rapidly degenerating physically. He is now educating and clothing these people as well as doctoring them.

Dr. Grenfell has several hospitals along the Labrador coast. These hospitals are not self supporting. Few hospitals are," and it is to be expected that these, built in a poverty stricken region, should be dependent on outside aid.

Dr. Grenfell went on to tell of the future of Labrador and stated his belief that in 50 years the country would be fully as valuable as Alaska.

Dr. Grenfell expressed his gratitude for the work that Harvard men have done in Labrador and finished his talk by showing some moving pictures of the life and scenery of Labrador, and of the work of the mission.

Anyone interested in Dr. Grenfell's work may obtain information from Dudley Merrill '26, at Gore B 25.