SIX SPEAKERS RETAINED AT DEBATING TRIALS

To Compete for University Team That Meets Pittsburg on January 13--Two 1926 Teams to be Selected From Eight Men Picked Last Night

In the debating trials last night six men were retained to compete for the University team which will meet the University of Pittsburg on January 13, and eight men were selected for further trials for the two 1926 teams to debate Exeter and Middlesex on January 12 and 17 respectively. Five-minute speeches were made by each candidate on either side of the question, "Resolved, that the United States should enter into an agreement with the former Allied Nations for the mutual cancellation of Interallied war debts." The same subject will be used for both the University and Freshman debates.

C. H. Wheldon 2G., tutor in the department of History, Government and Economics, and W. A. Hosmer '18, instructor in the University, judged the candidates for the University team, while R. S. Fanning '23, and P. W. Schmidt 2L. made the selection from the Freshman speakers.

The following men have been retained for further trials for the University team: G. E. Barton '25, J. S. Clapp '23, J. F. McMullen '24, H. P. Sharp '25, S. L. Tait '23, and C. A. Zinn '25.

The composition of the Freshman squad is composed of the following men: H. C. Davidson, W. P. Exton, H. M. Hart, A. S. Keller, J. W. Perkins, W. S. Stone, F. S. Tupper, and D. E. Wood.