ELI FRESHMEN DEFEAT CRIMSON SEXTET 7-4

University Yearlings Unable to Stop Attack of Rival Forward Line--Tie Score in Second Period but Then Fall Behind

In spite of a determined rally which tied the score in the second period, the University Freshman hockey team lost to the Yale Freshmen Saturday afternoon at New Haven by the score of 7-4. With the exception of the short time when the score was even, the Crimson trailed throughout the whole game. The outer defence of both teams was weak allowing the opposing forwards to come through again and again only to be stopped by the goal keepers. The Eli forward line was far superior, each man on it accounting for two of his team's goals and it was here that the Blue advantage lay.

G. W. Burgess at center was highest scorer with three tallies to his credit and played the strongest game for the University yearlings. W. D. Cantillon showed remarkable dexterity at goal, turning aside some thirty shots, a great number of which were at close range. Captain Clark Hodder was another steady player.

The summary: HARVARD 1925  YALE 1925 Burgess, r.w.  l.w., Scott Beals, Bonbright, c.  c., Lindley Pierson, Gibb, Austin, l.w.  r.w., Turnbull Hodder, Hammond, r.d.  l.d., Farrington Bohlen, Hammond, l.d.  r.d., Sargent Cantillon, Blake, g.  g., Jenkins, Lancaster

Goals made, by Burgess 3, Scott 2, Lindley 2, Trumbull 2, Gibb, Sargent. Referees, McKinnon and Nolan. Time, three 15-minute periods. Penalty, Beals, two minutes.