BRADLEE SQUASH CHAMPION

University Captain Defeats R. E. Smith '22, 16-14, 15-11, 15-9, Gaining Title for Third Successive Year

Malcolm Bradlee '22, captain of the University squash team, won the college championship for the third successive year when he defeated R. E. Smith '22 in the final round of the tournament by the score of 16-14, 15-11, 15-9. both men played up to their usual form, but the one-sided score was due to Bradlee's superior skill and experience. Except in the first game, he was never extended, his clever placements often putting the ball out of Smith's reach, and his steady, hard-hitting playing giving him an unquestioned advantage over his opponent.

Smith was to have played Myles P. Baker '22 in the semi-final round, but the later was obliged to default on account of illness. As winner of the tournament, Bradlee receives a silver cigarette case, while Smith wins a medal as runner-up.

Bradlee, a former St. Mark's player, has led the University team since its organization as a minor sport three years ago.