GORDON TO LEAD CRIMSON QUINTET

Won Numerals in Football and Baseball--Out After Williams Game--Scored Winning Basket Against Yale

At a meeting of the basketball lettermen yesterday, Lewis Gordon '24 of Gloucester was unanimously elected captain for next year. Gordon has shown unusual athletic ability along many lines during the year and a half that he has been an undergraduate. Last year as a Freshman he received his numerals in both football and baseball in addition to being captain of the yearling basketball team. This year Gordon was an end on the University football squad and won his letter in basketball by competing in part of both Yale games.

Gordon's basketball career began at Gloucester high school where he played four years, captaining the team his last year through a successful season. Last year Gordon was the outstanding player on the yearling quintet in every game. On January 15 he was elected captain and on the same day scored 36 points single-handed in a game against Worcester North High School.

At the beginning of this year Gordon stepped into a position on the University five at left forward and played in every game including the Yale contest, until after the Williams game on February 16 when illness kept him out of the game for nearly a month. In the last Yale games, however, though not expected to be able to compete, he entered the contest in the last two minutes and broke the 30-30 tie with a goal from the floor. Although his play is well-balanced, his accuracy on long shots and his fast, elusive footwork have stood out as prominent features in almost every game.