SPRING FOOTBALL UNDER WAY THURSDAY EVENING

Date Changed to March 23 at 7.15--Coach Fisher and Capt. Buell to Address Meeting at Varsity Club--Season to Last From March 27 to April 14

The spring football season will open with a meeting of all candidates at the Varsity Club on Thursday evening, March 23, at 7.15 o'clock, instead of tomorrow as announced on cards sent out to candidates recently. At this meeting, which will last approximately half an hour, Coach Fisher and Captain Buell will outline the plans. The practice this spring will consist mainly of light conditioning work, with the emphasis laid on fundamentals, including tackling the dummy, punting, and passing. At the end of the season, which will last from March 27 to April 14, there will be a few actual scrimmages. So far, approximately 45 men have signified their intention of reporting.

The work will be under the direction of Head Coach Fisher and his assistants, Coaches J. L. Knox '98, D. C. Parmenter '13, R. M. Sedgwick '21, and R. S. Humphrey '21. It is hoped that all those who played on this year's team will come out and assist the coaching staff, whether they have graduated from college or not.

On Tuesday, March 24, the competition for the position of second assistant manager will begin. This competition is extremely short, and the work is light. It is probable that candidates will not have to report every day.