CONTRIBUTIONS TO RED CROSS FUND STILL SOLICITED

"SOMETHING FROM EVERYONE" CONTINUES SLOGAN TODAY

The drive to solicit funds for the Cambridge chapter of the American Red Cross appears to have been decidedly successful during the past two days, although the exact amount collected cannot be determined until this evening. There will be a meeting of all canvassers at 7.15 o'clock today in the Breakfast Room of Randolph Hall, at which time all money will be turned over to the committee consisting of H. D. Nash '23, chairman; 1922, John Crocker; 1923, Vinton Chapin; 1924, D. S. Holder; 1925, J. H. Child. This committee wishes to emphasize the importance of the fact that every canvasser should be present at the meeting this evening.

The money collected will be used entirely to benefit disabled veterans of the Great War who are residents of Cambridge, or ex-service men stranded in Cambridge who are unable to reach their homes through lack of funds. In many cases assistance will be given to the families as well as to the men themselves. The running expenses of the Cambridge chapter of the Red Cross are extremely low and none of the money collected will go towards upkeep of the branch or drive. To meet the expenses of caring for the wounded or sick soldiers, the Cambridge chapter needs a minimum of $3000, for the greater part of which it is dependent on the college drive.

The following letter to the people of Cambridge by Mrs. W. H. Dunbar, a director of the Cambridge chapter, is reprinted at the suggestion of the Student Council, under whose direction the drive is being conducted.

Appeal Must Be Answered

"Do you remember how we all worked together in the war for our soldiers and our sailors, how we met together, and thought no task too hard? Do you remember our emergency drive for the Halifax Relief, when we had the unique distinction of raising so much money that we sent a special fund to be used for those blinded by the explosion? We are just the same people, and we are going to work just as hard now and give just as much for those men who fought for us and are back among us, broke in body or in mind. Do you not almost hear the boys who died in France saying: "We died, but sent them home to you--don't, don't neglect them now." Do you realize that your own Red Cross in Cambridge has given up all other activities and is caring in many different ways and with the strictest economy for more than one thousand disabled service men? To continue this work properly, as you would have it done for the coming year, we must have at least $10,000. Please send or bring $1, $10, $100--whatever you can--to the Cambridge Red Cross headquarters, 42 Brattle street, near the Harvard Square Post Office. Please make checks payable to the Cambridge Red Cross.

"We Used to say: 'Give until it hurts.' We now say give until it stops hurting or huts less to think of these men at our very door forever maimed. Give until Cambridge is again in the fore-front of patriotic work. Give until each man who gave everything for us knows that we hail him, that we proudly call him ours, and that we will not forget."