NAME MEN TO DEBATE AGAINST YALE FRIDAY

Annaul Triangular Meetings to be Held This Week--Coolidge Debating Prize, Founded in 1899, to be Awarded by professor Huntington

After a practice debate last night, the team finally selected to debate against Yale and Princeton next Friday night was announced. Those who will debate on the affirmative team against Yale at New Haven are P. W. Williams '25, R. S. Fanning '23, and C. W. Phelps '22.

The following have been selected for the negative team to oppose Princeton at Sanders Theatre: N. E. Himes '22, Philip Walker '25, and S. A. Rosenblatt '22.

The alternates who will prepare the material for the team and help them in presenting their subject, will be H. W. Hardy '22, M. P. Lichauco '23, and W. B. MacGregor '22.

The Coolidge Debating Prize of $100 will be awarded after the debate on Friday by Professor Huntington of the English Department. This prize was founded in 1899 by T. Jefferson Coolidge '50, who gave $5000, "the income to be devoted to the establishment to prizes for debating". From 1899 until 1908, two prizes of $100 each were given, one at each of the trial debates for the selection of the Harvard representatives in the Harvard-Yale and Harvard-Princeton debates which were then run at separate times. Since the triangular system has been in operation, however, only one prize has been awarded. The balance of the money being used for the "Coolidge Debating Medals", which are given to the participants in the Harvard-Yale-Princeton debate. The prize is awarded to that member of the team who has done the best work in preparation for the triangular debate.

Judge A. P. Stone '92 has accepted the invitation of the Debating Council to preside at the debate with Princeton at Sanders Theatre. The Judges will be President Murlin of Boston University, Mr. J. L. Williams of Boston, and Mr. C. S. Thomas '87, Associate Editor of the Atlantic Monthly.

An attempt is being made to broadcast the debate by wireless telephone through the Medford Hill broadcasting station, but the success of this plan is doubtful.