SCOTT NEARING SEES SOCIAL REVOLUTION

Present Condition of Foreign Exchange and Social Stratum Indicate Disintegration--Pleads for International Economic Organization

In an interview for the CRIMSON yesterday, Mr. Scott Nearing, lecturer and author on social and economic questions, commented briefly on some of the economic problems which would be raised by a social revolution.

"The present system of economic life rests on the right of the owners of jobs to exploit those who take the jobs. Some time in the near future those who do the work of the world will run and control the jobs on which they work.

"At present the condition of international exchange and the fact that half the world can live happily while the other half does not, are but two of the indications which mark an approaching social disintegration which will resemble the fall of the Roman Empire.

"The civilization of the world can be saved only when the working classes realize their opportunities and began an international organization of economic production. The steel industry, for example, must be reorganized so that such department in every plant will be run by a shop committee composed of the workmen themselves, each plant by a works committee, each group of plants by a district committee, each division comprising all the steel plants in a given section of a country, by a division congress, and finally the entire steel industry of the world by a world steel congress.

"The present system of private property, of capitalism and inheritance is fundamentally wrong. The millionaire stockholder must not be allowed to live at Venice or Palm Beach on the earnings resulting from the labor of a steel-hand in the mills of Pittsburg."