1925 DEBATERS MEET AT 7

Squad of Twelve Men to be Picked From Trials Tonight--To Announce Triangular Subject Next Week

The trials for the Freshman triangular debate with Yale and Princeton on April 28, will come tonight at 7 o'clock in the Smith Halls Common Room. Candidates should come prepared to speak for five minutes on either side of the following question: "Resolved, that the Philippine Islands be given their immediate independence by the United States." As a result of these trials a squad of about a dozen men will be selected by three judges, W. L. Prosser 1L., coach of the Freshman team this year; C. H. Whelden 1G., member of last year's University team, and R. P. Berle 2L., a member of the 1919 debating team. This squad will be cut down to its final size in about a week.

The question which will this year form the subject of the Freshman triangular debate will be announced tonight by the Yale Freshman Debating Club, worded Saturday by Princeton, and announced in its final form the beginning of next week. Regardless of the wording of the question; the University Freshmen will be represented by a negative team against Yale in Cambridge, and by an affirmative team against Princeton at Princeton.