SPRING TRACK SEASON WILL START ON MONDAY

University and Freshman Candidates to Meet at Field--Immediate Objective of Coaches Is to Decide Squad for Southern Trip

The University spring track season will begin at 3 o'clock Monday afternoon when University and Freshman candidates report at a meeting in the Locker Building on Soldiers Field. All men should report with equipment, ready to take part in the practice which will be held immediately after the meeting.

In order to make the season interesting for men who fail to demonstrate ability of a high enough grade to permit them to compete in the regular meets, the coaches and management events such as the Freshman interdormitory meet, the spring handicap meet, and competitions in the individual events. At the spring handicap meet there will be certain special events such as the 220-yard dash for the Dodge cup, the one-mile race and a 440-yard run for the Wells cups, and a 100-yard dash for the Mansfield cup.

The immediate objective of the training next week will be the spring trip beginning on Saturday, April 15. On this trip the Crimson team will face the University of Virginia twice, in a dual meet on Wednesday, April 19 and again on the following Saturday, in a triangular meet at Annapolis with the Navy as the third representative. On week later the University will be represented by a team at the Pennsylvania Relay carnival at Philadelphia, Pa., and on Saturday, May 6, a met with M. I. T. at Tech Field will inaugurate a regular series of weekly contests terminating with the Intercollegiate met at Soldiers Field on May 26 and 27.

All Sophomores are still eligible for the second assistant manager competition if they report at the H. A. A. at 8.30 o'clock Monday morning. They will suffer no handicap either from their late start of lack of experience.