TO TRY OUT STROKES FOR CRIMSON CREWS TODAY AND TOMORROW

TEN OARSMEN TO BE TESTED IN STROKE POSITION

Dr. Howe had all three of his University crews out on the river for a race again Yesterday and at the end of the afternoon declared himself well satisfied with the work of the three eights. The wind again prevented a work-out on the lower river and the men had to be faced on the stretch upstream which has two big bends, preventing any real decision as to a winner.

Today and tomorrow will be devoted to work with the strokes. Dr. Howe has picked seven men who can report early in the afternoon and will row them behind a large number of strokes, changing the stroke at frequent intervals. This is a system which was used very successfully last year by Dr. Howe and which offers an opportunity for judging a stroke irrespective of varying crews. The men who will be tried at the stroke position today are: G. M. Appleton '22, Walter Amory '24, R. F. Bradford '23, Huntington Brown '22, S. N. Brown '24, L. B. La Farge '22, E. S. Matthews '23, Garrison Norton '23, R. C. Storey Jr. '24, R. C. Walcott '23.

Darsmen Show Up Well

In the race yesterday Crew A showed up very well over the straightaway but fell behind on the bends, due in part to rather poor steering. Crew B rowed well together and gained on the turns, while Crew C. stroked by Matthews, rowed at a rather high beat but did very creditably, showing more evenness than on Saturday.

On the whole the coaches are very well satisfied with the work of the University squad. The development the past week has been rapid and the three crews now row quite smoothly. All of the eights seem evenly matched at present. After the work of picking the strokes, which will be over about the middle of the week, the coaches will concentrate again on the problem of choosing the 16 men to be retained at the final cut.