MANY NEW CANDIDATES REPORT ON SECOND DAY OF SPRING TRACK DRILL

TIME TRIALS TO BE HELD IN TWO WEEKS

Twenty-seven new candidates reported for the University track squad yesterday while 11 more men came out for the Freshman team, raising the total of the former to 128 and the latter to 64. The grand total of 202 candidates is approximately the same as the number of men who reported for the second day's practice last year, but within a week of the beginning of the season last spring 262 University and Freshmen athletes were practicing on Soldiers Field. The coaches headed by Coach Bingham wish to reemphasize the necessity of more men reporting. Coach Farrell, who gives his attention wholly to the field event men, is not yet satisfied with the number of Freshmen out, particularly in the weight events.

Coach Bingham intends to divide the entire University squad into groups tomorrow afternoon. The men will be divided according to events following the custom adopted last year, while temporary sub-captains will soon be appointed from the experienced men in order to assist in the coaching. According to an announcement made by Coach Binghman yesterday the trials for the selection of men to go on the spring trip will take place during the early part of the week immediately preceeding vacation while the names of the successful men will probably be announced on Wednesday, April 12. Two days later, on Friday, will come the annual spring handicap meet, featured by special races for trophies presented by graduates and friends of the University.