FRESHMAN RAMBLERS TO OPPOSE ACADEMY TEAM

Milton Independents Are Slated to Give 1925 Informal Team a Close Game--Contest Will be Staged in Arena at 12 o'clock

Today at 12 o'clock on the Arena ice the Freshman Ramblers, a team composed of men who played on the 1925 squad this winter, will meet an informal Milton Academy sextet in the first post-season game ever scheduled for a yearling hockey team.

Five members of the Freshman scrub sextet won their numerals in the Yale game on February 20, Chase at left defence being the only non-regular in the line-up, and with this nucleus of veterans the yearling combination should show to good advantage today against the schoolboys.

The regularly scheduled event with Milton, dated for the latter part of January, had to be called off, so the struggle tomorrow will furnish a fairly accurate check on how the original sextets would have compared on the ice. The regular Academy team, from which the combination that will take the ice this noon is largely composed, recently completed a season bordering on championship calibre. One defeat only came their way throughout the entire season, the lone set-back being administered by the strong Cambridge Latin sextet. It is interesting to note in this connection that the Cambridge Latin victory in this case came through the narrow margin of one goal, while the Crimson Freshmen last month succeeded in nosing out the latter 1-0. Their impressive record during the winter placed Milton within one game of winning the Private School Championship of New England.