FINAL ORDER OF 1925 EIGHT TO RACE TECH YEARLINGS ANNOUNCED

150-POUND CREWS AND FOUR-OARS PRIMED FOR COMING TESTS

One of the most important aspects of the four-day training period last week was the definite selection of a first Freshman crew to enter the race with M. I. T. 1925 on Saturday. In view of the rather light weight of the former yearling combination, it was deemed advisable to carry on a series of experimental shifts to raise the general average on a par with former Freshman eights, and during the vacation several changes were put into effect.

The final order as announced by Dr. Howe, after consultation with the Freshman coaches, shows an entirely new seating in the bow of the boat. S. B. Kelley went back to the bow position, his place at 3 being taken by T. L. Eliot. G. R. Johnson is now working the latter's old slide, while B. F. Rice-Bassett has been advanced to number 2 in the first shell. This shake-up adds materially to the crew's poundage, raising the average slightly over 170 to the man, while the remarkable record made by the 1925 eight last Saturday bears out Dr. Howe's judgment in the placing of his men.

Freshman A, which is to take the water against the Tech yearlings next Saturday, is boated as follows: Bow.-S. B. Kelley,  166 2.-B. F. Rice-Bassett,  167 3.-T. L. Eliot,  175 4.-J. P. Hubbard,  175 5.-G. R. Johnson,  171 6.-H. G. Curran,  166 7.-H. M. Bohlen,  182 Stroke.-B. R. Weisman,  161

Coach Bert Haines has made many radical shifts in his second and third Freshman boats, but due to the constant filtering to and from Crew A which was in order last week, the seating of these two shells has not yet been settled with any degree of finality.

The yearling 150-pound combinations have remained intact with the exception of the two strokes, and Coach Haines expects to enter them against the three Class light eights in a mile test tomorrow. In preparation for their races the end of the week, the quartet of four-oared boats held extensive work-outs yesterday afternoon. Two will soon be picked to compete against two Exeter four-oars next Saturday.