ELECT NASH PRESIDENT OF HOCKEY ASSOCIATION

Meeting in New York Approves Changes in Rules of Game--Two Referees for Each Game Compulsory--Limit Substitutions to Four

At the annual meeting of the Intercollegiate Association, held yesterday in New York City at the Hotel Pennsylvania, Bradley De Lamater Nash '23 of Brookline, manager of next year's hockey team, was unanimously elected president of the Association for the coming year. F. R. Ferlaino of Princeton was elected secretary. Herbert Emanuelson of Yale and W. J. MacIntosh of the University of Pennsylvania are the retiring officers.

A number of changes in the present rules of ice hockey were suggested, and some of them were approved. Princeton suggested that a definite list of qualified officials should be made, such as that in use for football. This suggestion was approved. It was also proposed and approved that all officials should meet before, each season to set a definite standard as to what constitutes a foul, as there is now considerable discrepancy in this respect. Coach Wanamaker of Yale proposed a rule making two referees to each game compulsory, and Columbia suggested that the number of substitutions in a single game be limited to four. Both of these suggestions were approved.